- Business Income Form – This is only signed by the student or the parent. Send it to the person who had the income/loss from a business/farm. You will see on the email portion of the form that you can do Part B or Part C, most students are only Part C. If you have question refer to the email Christy Smith sent.
- Change of Address Before Laptop is Shipped – If a student moves and contacts you about changing their address for their laptop shipment please send a new laptop form for them to sign. Once signed make sure it is in schooldocs.
- Duplicate Files in SchoolDocs – Files will start failing if duplicate files aren’t deleted from Schooldocs now. Make sure to delete anything that is not needed in the file or that is duplicated.
- Auditor Questions – Please be specific when you are asking if something will work or not. Explain why you are wondering so that the auditors do not spend extra time trying to figure out why you are asking. *Bad: “does this work” *Good: “can you read the DOB on this SS”. Be specific!
- New Origination Fee – Starting October 1st the new fee is 1.068%
- VA Transfer of Credits Form – This form needs to be filled out for every VA student whether or not there will be transfer credits.
- Transfer Credit Requirement – We can complete an evaluation of unofficial transcripts and fully package a student with them but we do need the officials on file in order for the credis to actually apply to the student’s program.
- ARM Approvals – When an ARM approval is given by Bret, we will be able to accept that approval +/- $100. This is the new stamp:
- ARM Approvals (Cont.) – Attached is a template that should be used for ARM approvals. The information listed in this email is required for the auditors even though Bret will approve them without it. Please make sure you are adding this info in there.
- ISIR Corrections and Auditing – When sending a file in for audit that has had an ISIR correction to match taxes, please put the amount that was corrected not just “corrected to match taxes”.
- Filing Tax Extensions on ISIR – If a student puts “will file” and says they filed an extension then we need the proof of the extension and the W2s are required. CFA will need to approve this and it all goes in the file. An ASNR will be generated so you’ll need to have the student update the FAFSA as soon as they do file.
- Everest Transcripts – If the student wants to qualify for loan forgiveness then they cannot use transfer credits. If they use transfer credits and are already in loan forgiveness then those loans will go back into repayment.
- Dislocated Worker – If a student qualifies for the dislocated worker when they begin then they must maintain a 2.0 GPA to keep it.
- Grant/Scholarship Money on ISIR – We cannot accept these items as income received. If this is all they receive then they would still be considered low income.
- 4 Month Loan Period – When putting together a 4 month loan PCE you can bring in whatever amount is left from the old loan even if it is over what a student receives in 4 months usually. Whatever they have left can be brought in.
- V4/V5 POG’s – We need the actual diploma or transcripts for the POG if they are V4 or V5.
- Dependent FAFSA with Parents that are not Legal Residents – When completing a FAFSA for a dependent student and the parents are not legal residents you only enter the information for one parent. Put the SS# as all zeros but only put one of the parents info or else the FAFSA will not let you proceed.
- CampusVue Verification Holds – Before removing any holds in Cvue for verification please check the new ISIR against the last ISIR submitted to CFA. Additional items may need to be provided to clear the new ISIR or forms may need to be corrected to match the new ISIR. If you have questions please ask, don’t just remove the hold.
- Rescheduled FAA – If you call a student for the FAA and they need to reschedule then they are considered a no show. The only time they are not is if they rescheduled 15 minutes before the FAA or earlier.
- UEH Transcripts Required – We will need these not only for Pell but for Loans as well. If the student received any type of aid (loans or grants) then we need the transcripts.
- Expiring ID’s – We need a new ID if the ID will expire within 6-8 weeks after the start date. The ID cannot expire before CFA orders their funds.
Questions on how to clear a C code? Look here! http://www.ifap.ed.gov/sarcommcodestxt/attachments/1516SARCommCodesTxt.pdf
Questions on what an NSLDS loan status code means, and if you we are clear to order funds? This is the latest copy I could find! The last two pages provide the codes!
Need to find the verification tracking groups, and what’s required to clear verification? Try here!
Need help with School Docs/Docusign? Check out the IU Admissions blog!
Need to catch up with new rules, best practices, etc? Check out the Housekeeping blog!
FSA ISIR Guide
Poverty Guidelines page
- Restarts – These need to go to the ROSLC email! We have had way too many students who have been scheduled for FAAs, packaged, and even passed audit wihtout being directed to ROSLC. The cheat sheet was handed out so make sure you use that.
- VA Student – If a student is packaged that uses VA benefits then we need the “Veterans Education Benefits Transfer Credit” form complete in schooldocs and added to the file as VA paperwork. Let each VA student know that we need copies of any past college transcripts so we can review for transfer credits.
- SEOG – Should now be 75 in the grant and 25 for the match.
- QA Reminders – Make sure AY is brought up and explained to the student that it stands for Academic Year, it is 8 months long, and pertains to the period in which the maximum amount of loans can be received, Award Year applies to the Pell since it is awarded in 12 month increments.
- Remote Planners – Do not tell students that you work from home. There is no need for them to know that and we want to remain professional.
- ARM Statements and Invoices – If an ARM is set up for a small amount for AY1 and paid off before the next disbursement needs to be paid out there will be invoices sent to the student for 0.00 until the next amount disburses to their tuition. For example, AY1 has an ARM of $75 and paid off in 2 months but another ARM disbursement comes in a year later for $385 then in between those times a statement or invoice will go out for 0.00 showing the student they owe nothing. Then when the $385 gets put towards their tuition the invoices will then show their payment due. This will affect the months that they are paying back the loan as well.
- POG Dates (update) – Dave spoke to Scott in CFA and we can accept POG’s if the month and date are not on it but they CLEARLY graduated. This shouldn’t happen a lot but if you have a POG that doesn’t have the date lets get approval from CFA.