- SFAC – The only thing required to be correct on the SFAC is “Yes” to the question about graduating and “Yes” to the authorization field. The Estimated Program Duration dates do not matter. Neither CFA nor the auditors will dig into this form, but it is important that we fix any conflicting information we can see. If it’s glaring (99 dependents under 12), then we need to fix it.
- Planner Changing ISIR Info (*Updated) – We cannot change anything on the ISIR unless we have agency proof. The number in the household, the number in college, and changing the dependents from YES to NO or the other way around can still be changed by the planner with a statement. This primarily relates to Child Support and Wages. SNAP can still be added with a statement for all verification groups other than V6. NOTHING CAN BE REMOVED WHETHER IT HAS BEEN VERIFIED OR NOT. The student must remove it. If the planner removes it then CFA requires a wet signature. *
- Low Income/V6 on New DocuSign Forms – Statements from students should be very similar to what we have been collecting. The only difference should be that we have the student type the information into the form, rather than sending an email.
- SNT Flag and Low Income – If the low income form or statements indicate income that should be listed on the FAFSA, and they are not able to make the correction themselves due to the SNT flag, then we need to make the correction to add it, wait for the ISIR, and then get a wet signature.
- Previous Loans – If a student had previous loans the in-school deferment form must be in the file to pass audit.
- Default Letters – We cannot schedule FAAs without having verified the default clearance letter first.
- Parents Who Do Not Have a SSN – We need a statement from the parent, indicating they are not citizens and are unable to apply for the PLUS Loan. They also need to add something in the statement requesting that we increase the unsubsidized loan amount.
- If Pell is Wrong in CVue– Lately we’ve had a few Pell issues where CVue only allows us to put in 2886 when they are indeed eligible for 2887. Email L-Dene Zamora if this happens and she can fix it.
- POG’s for V4 and V5– This has to be an official transcript when dealing with these two verifications. Therefore if a POG is stamped unofficial or indicated that it is not official then we cannot accept it. Per Ed Kraus.
Questions on how to clear a C code? Look here! http://www.ifap.ed.gov/sarcommcodestxt/attachments/1516SARCommCodesTxt.pdf
Questions on what an NSLDS loan status code means, and if you we are clear to order funds? This is the latest copy I could find! The last two pages provide the codes!
Need to find the verification tracking groups, and what’s required to clear verification? Try here!
Need help with School Docs/Docusign? Check out the IU Admissions blog!
Need to catch up with new rules, best practices, etc? Check out the Housekeeping blog!
FSA ISIR Guide
Poverty Guidelines page