January 20, 2016

  • In-Kind Support – Words from Ryan Perry, “a student cannot claim a child if he or the child is being supported more than 50% by the student’s parents. All other support given to the student, including the spouses parents, is counted as in kind support”.
  • Planner Changing ISIR Info – We cannot change anything on the ISIR unless we have agency proof. The number in the household and number in college can still be changed by the planner with a statement. Regarding the “Planner Changing ISIR Info”, this primarily relates to Child Support and Wages. SNAP can still be corrected with a statement for all Verification groups other than V6.
  • UEH Rollovers – If a student was approved for UEH or the UEH appeal process for a previous module, but rolls to the next, please have the planner email online.cfa with the final decision (“approved”) email correspondence, so CFA can update the hold group for the UEH student.We will be able to use the previous mod’s UEH paperwork for the file, but please make sure CFA is kept in the loop. Ryan has agreed to reply to the correspondence with an updated “approved” email to include in the file.
  • Determining Dependency Status – If a student is of dependent age, make sure you ask the right questions to determine dependency prior to completing the PCE, etc. This can save you a lot of time having to update paperwork.

August 31, 2015

  • In-Kind Support – Cannot be from student’s parents or from the other grandparents of the baby. A male student cannot claim in-kind support from the mother of the child. A female student can be independent if the boyfriend is providing in-kind support of her and the child. (This is approved by Ryan Perry)
  • Expired ID – If the ID or license is expired or expiring before the start date we need Kody’s approval to get it through audit.
  • SSC Receipt – Even if we have the receipt showing they are getting a new one we need the statement from them that they’ll send it in and Kody’s approval.
  • UEH With No Pell Used – CFA only requires NSLDS and the ISIR if selected for UEH and no Pell was used within the last 4 years. No need to get transcripts from the schools if NO PELL has been used within the last 4 years.
  • Prorating Loans Below Half-Time – Students ARE NOT eligible for Stafford loans if they fall below 9 credits in a single term. No need to prorate loans if below 1/2 time (9 credits).
  • EC Already Completed For Another School – If the EC has been done with another school within the year then these step can be taken to get our school on it:


  • Low Income and Children – If a person is claiming to support a child but make no mention of them anywhere in their statements it will fail audit. Make sure they mention the children somewhere in their statement. If everything makes sense then you’re good.