- Loss of Subsidy – This is a flag on NSLDS that means students have hit their SULA (subsidized usage limit). The student is still eligible for funding, but it will all need to be in unsubsidized loans. So, instead of the normal $3500 sub and $600 unsub (1st year funding) it would be $9500 in unsub loans. Below is the flag that will show up on NSLDS. Per Joe Henderson in CFA.
- IU Write Off Hold (CVue Hold Group) UPDATE – Students with a write off must always make the $500 down payment and the payment on the new ARM must be full payment + $100 prior to reentering. Their ARM must also be approved. No introductory payments will be allowed. (Per Bret Whetman) ***Write off holds for false starts WILL NOT require the above steps to be removed. The old ARM must be consolidated with new ARM then email Bret for the removal.
- MPN and Info Sheet Reference – If a student is engaged and has a fiancé, they can use “father-in-law” or “mother-in-law” as a reference. Per Courtney England in CFA.
POG for Masters students – It is not required to turn in a POG for a masters student UNLESS they are a V4 or a V5 verification.
- Unofficial Transcripts – We can apply potential transfer credits off of an unofficial transcript to the PCE, but it is VERY important that you let the student know that we need the officials to adjust the class schedule. If they don’t turn them in then they will end up taking classes that could have transferred.
- Show and No Show – Any call for an FAA that takes 10 minutes or longer will be considered a “show”. We have quite a few FPs indicating that FAAs a little over that mark are “no-shows”. 10 minutes is the key!
- Carryover Students – Carryover students (students that didn’t finish up in the prior mod and are rolling) will count in your EA numbers, but not the FAA number until something has been completed. If a carryover student has completed their updated paperwork, this would be an EA and FAA.