- FAFSA Chat – You can add school codes and check if the school codes have been added, or check for verification via FAFSA chat.
- UEH Probation – UEH probation will NO LONGER prevent a student from receiving a tablet.
- Signed PCEs and ARM – Please separate the PCE from the ARM and make sure they are right side up before uploading them to schooldocs.
- SNT Flag and SNAP – If the SNT Flag states “Yes” on Page 3 of the ISIR, then there will be no need to make any corrections to SNAP on that ISIR. No matter the verification code, if SNT flag is “Yes” then corrections to not need to be made. Example below:
- NSLDS – We need to look at the loan details in NSLDS to see if there’s a date of delinquency for Direct Loans. This will not be visible with FFEL loans, so a phone call would be necessary to the loan servicer to see if they’re delinquent or not – that’s really the only way to tell. FFEL loans also follow different guidelines – the default can happen at 270 days delinquent vs 360 days, and they will also require paperwork for a forbearance vs. a verbal forbearance through a conference call.The best advice I can give is to encourage the conference calls with loan servicers if they know they’re delinquent on Direct Loans and then to check on the status with FFEL loans.
- Fully Signed EAs – Dr. Alan Hansen will not be signing EAs until the POG is in and verified. This being said, you are able to turn in a file pending POG/Final EA and it will have to have both in order to be fully packaged.
- Enrollment Wizard – A while back, we changed our process slightly, adjusting the timing of when we run the enrollment wizard. By delaying this process, we found out that the student does not have the Orientation Class loaded in Canvas. This is preventing them from logging in and getting a feel for how classes will work.
From this point forward, please run the enrollment wizard as part of your “Awards Out” criteria.
- Shared Drive – Use the shared drive! This is extremely important for several reasons. Erin brought up another great reason, they use it when they need to send something to CFA and it makes it easier for them. PLEASE use it!
- Overlapping Loan Period – If NSLDS and COD show an end date for loans that would make it an overlapping loan period, but the loans have all been cancelled/zeroed out, we treat it like normal, not a 4 or 8-month overlap. If the loans have been cancelled then there is no loan period to deal with
- SNAP and Adding to ISIR – If we have agency proof of SNAP for a student is selected for verification – requiring that we verify SNAP benefits, we DO NOT require a statement to accompany the agency proof. The FP can make the correction to that ISIR with the agency proof. (Ryan Perry – 5/2/16)
- Unsigned Social Security Cards – CFA has given word that they will approve the card without a signature.
- Notary Forms – We can no longer prefill the name or student ID number on the notary forms. The only item the planner can enter on the form with be the school/campus. Everything else MUST be completed by the student, in front of the notary.
- NSLDS Monitoring List – We do not require that a student be added to the NSLDS monitoring list when they do NOT have any FSA history. (No Pell or Loans)
Questions on how to clear a C code? Look here! http://www.ifap.ed.gov/sarcommcodestxt/attachments/1516SARCommCodesTxt.pdf
Questions on what an NSLDS loan status code means, and if you we are clear to order funds? This is the latest copy I could find! The last two pages provide the codes!
Need to find the verification tracking groups, and what’s required to clear verification? Try here!
Need help with School Docs/Docusign? Check out the IU Admissions blog!
Need to catch up with new rules, best practices, etc? Check out the Housekeeping blog!
FSA ISIR Guide
Poverty Guidelines page